Minor in International Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
The world is becoming increasingly complex and integrated in nearly every category of human endeavor. An understanding of how global markets, natural resources, food production, and international trade and cooperation are affected by societies, languages, cultures, and governments is an essential component of a well-rounded 21st century education in AFNR. To facilitate these studies, the multidisciplinary International AFNR Minor offers academic recognition for achieving a level of expertise in coursework of international focus.
- Fifteen credit hours, selected from the course list below, are required for the minor.
- At least 9 of the 15 hours must be approved CAFNR courses at the 3000 or 4000 level.
- There is flexibility in choice of the remaining 6 credit hours.
- These can be (1) approved CAFNR elective courses, including study abroad, and (2) other MU courses of international focus, including foreign language, as approved by the International Education Committee.
- Questions should be directed to the Office of Academic Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students interested in this minor should complete the online form located on the CAFNR website.
Although the focus of this minor is not to add foreign language skills, students are strongly encouraged to invest in language to make themselves more competent in the international arena, to gain a competitive advantage for employment, and to advance their careers overall.
|Choose at least 15 hours from the following:|
|ABM 3271||International Agricultural Development||3|
|ABM 3272||International Food Trade and Policy||3|
|ABM 3150||International Agribusiness||3|
|ABM 3230||Agricultural and Rural Economic Policy||3|
|AFNR 2190||International Agriculture and Natural Resources||1-15|
|AFNR 2191||International Agriculture and Natural Resources - Humanities||1-6|
|AFNR 2192||International Agriculture/Natural Resources-Social Science||1-6|
|AN_SCI 2110||Global Animal Agriculture||2|
|ATM_SC 3600||Climates of the World||3|
|F_S 2195||Grapes and Wines of the World||3|
|F_S 3190||Study Abroad: International Meat, Dairy and Enology||3|
|or F_S 3190H||Study Abroad: International Meat, Dairy and Enology - Honors|
|FOREST 4385||Agroforestry I: Theory, Practice and Adoption||3|
|HSP_MGMT 4200||Destination Management||3|
|PRST 2082||Domestic and International Sports Environment||1|
|RU_SOC 3235||Global Perspectives and Realities||3|
|SOIL 4320||Genesis of Soil Landscapes||4|