Minor in East Asian Studies
Office of Multidisciplinary Degrees
114 Switzler Hall
- Complete 9 hours related to one cultural group and 6 hours related to a second cultural group. For example, a student can complete 9 hours related to Chinese studies and 6 hours related to Japanese studies. The cultural group options are Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
- At least 6 credits must be numbered 2000 level or above.
- Nine of the required credits must be completed at MU.
- The elementary levels of language (Japanese, Chinese, and/or Korean) may NOT be used to fulfill minor requirements.
- Intermediate-level language courses may be used to meet minor requirements.
- Courses used to fulfill major requirements may NOT also fulfill minor requirements, or vice versa.
- Courses outside the major department, but required for the major, may be used to fulfill minor requirements.
- Courses required for the minor may also be used to meet the College of Arts & Science Foundation requirements.
- Minors are only awarded to undergraduate students who are simultaneous recipients of a Bachelor degree.
- Students may not earn a major and a minor in the same field.
For course options see https://omd.missouri.edu/?q=eas-minor/index.
Faculty for East Asian Studies
Assistant Teaching Professor Michael Volz
Lecturer Huichung Liang
Assistant Teaching Professor J. Martin Holman
Lecturer Chieko Kellar
Associate Teaching Professor Seungkwon You