Minor in Latin American Studies
Office of Multidisciplinary Degrees
114 Switzler Hall
This is an interdisciplinary minor which allows students to take courses about Latin America from various departments. Find course options at the link above.
- Complete 15 credit hours from at least two departments.
- At least 6 credits must be numbered 2000 level or above.
- Nine of the required credits must be completed at MU.
- The elementary levels of language may NOT be used to fulfill minor requirements.
- Intermediate-level language courses may be used to meet minor requirements.
- A minimum grade of C- is required for each course taken in the minor. A minimum cumulative GPA in all minor coursework is 2.0.
- Courses used to fulfill major requirements may NOT also fulfill minor requirements, or vice versa.
- Courses outside the major department, but required for the major, may be used to fulfill minor requirements.
- Courses required for the minor may also be used to meet the College of Arts & Science Foundation requirements.
- Minors are only awarded to undergraduate students who are simultaneous recipients of a Bachelor degree.
- Students may not earn a major and a minor in the same field.
- Students cannot use the same coursework for multiple minors.