Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Education
This certificate will provide the requisite awareness, knowledge and skill to effectively work with students and families from diverse cultural backgrounds and is ideal for teachers, counselors and administrators in P-12 school settings. By creating this online certificate, Mizzou is working to increase the number of qualified teachers and other school personnel who can serve diverse populations and prepare all students to function more effectively in society. The 12 hour certificate can be completed entirely online, but some students may choose electives that are offered on campus.
Certificate web site: Multicultural Education Graduate Certificate.
The foundation of the certificate starts with the following two courses (6 credit hours).
- Diversity Issues in School Mental Health
- Diversity and Multiculturalism II: Practical Applications
Students complete two courses (6 credit hours).
- African American Education: Historic and Current Issues
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues in the Schools
- Immigrant Issues in Education
How To Apply
Certificate program admission requirements will be the same as those for the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Grade point average of B or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education for applicants with less than a master's degree.
- Submit the Office of Graduate Studies online application.
- Upload unofficial transcripts when using the Office of Graduate Studies online application system.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- GRE scores are NOT required.
None. Rolling admission.
To receive financial aid, students must be admitted to the graduate certificate program. Financial aid is generally available to eligible students who are fully accepted into the program and who carry a course load of at least four credit hours per semester.
- Dr. Lisa Flores (FloresLY@missouri.edu) Multicultural Education Program Coordinator
- Sandy Sites (SitesS@missouri.edu) Online Program Coordinator
Federal Gainful Employment disclosure information for this Graduate Certificate is available at http://gradstudies.missouri.edu/academics/programs/multicultural-education-graduate-certificate/