Graduate Certificate in Positive Psychology
This online 15-credit hour graduate certificate in positive psychology from Mizzou's Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology (ESCP) is designed for individuals seeking a program that emphasizes applied interventions and theory in building thriving individuals, families, communities and organizations. Combining 21st century psychology and several ancient philosophies, contemporary positive psychology is focused on advancement of the individual and their collective well-being.
The program will provide you with a thorough understanding of the science of well-being and flourishing that will allow you to be more effective in your professional and personal life. Individuals may use this graduate certificate for personal enrichment or to increase their professional marketability across many career paths such as life/career coaching, teaching, managing, and organizational consulting.
Note: This graduate certificate does not provide counselor certification.
Certificate web site: Positive Psychology Graduate Certificate
|ESC_PS 7200||Positive Psychology||3|
|ESC_PS 8700||Life/Career Coaching and Development||3|
|ESC_PS 8710||Meaning In Work||3|
|ESC_PS 8720||Community and Stewardship||3|
|ESC_PS 8730||Positive Organizational Psychology||3|
How To Apply
Certificate program admission requirements will be the same as those for the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Grade point average of B or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education for applicants with less than a master's degree.
- Submit the Office of Graduate Studies online application.
- Upload unofficial transcripts when using the Office of Graduate Studies online application system.
- Statement of interest: Briefly describe how this program will benefit your career aspirations and help you act upon your personal beliefs, goals, and philosophy. (Maximum of 500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae.
- GRE scores are NOT required.
None. Rolling admission.
To receive financial aid, students must be admitted to the graduate certificate program. Financial aid is generally available to eligible students who are fully accepted into the program and who carry a course load of at least four credit hours per semester.
- Cory Elfrink (ElfrinkC@missouri.edu)
- Positive Psychology Program Coordinator
Federal Gainful Employment disclosure information for this Graduate Certificate is available at http://gradstudies.missouri.edu/academics/programs/positive-psychology-certificate/positive-psychology-ge/Gedt.html.