EdD in Learning, Teaching and Curriculum with Emphasis in Elementary Education
Our department is not currently admitting students to this emphasis area. We invite you to explore the other graduate degree options within Learning, Teaching and Curriculum.
This program prepares students to:
- Understand the depth and breath of elementary education in terms of research, curriculum, policy, teacher development and student learning;
- Develop, carry out, and report independent research in elementary education;
- Become outstanding teachers/advisors of college students;
- Become a leader in elementary school settings; and
- Understand the role of service in the university setting and begin those memberships in organizations that can lead to a service agenda.
These goals are achieved through a combination of coursework, internships, and authentic experiences with research, development, and teacher education.
The Ed.D. in LTC with an emphasis in elementary education is a 72-hour program above the bachelor's. Coursework includes core education courses, research courses, electives and internships.