EdD in Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
Admission Contact Information
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
About the Ed.D.
The LTC department offers the doctorate of education with emphasis in General LTC studies, Elementary Education, or Reading Education.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early in the process as possible. Applications can take 6-8 weeks to expedite completely. Every reasonable effort will be made to process the application for the semester requested.
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum TOEFL scores for most areas:
|Internet-based test (iBT)||Paper-based test (PBT)|
Minimum GRE score* (varies by program area). Generally:
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|On or After August 1, 2011||291= (V150,Q141)|
*Note: Minimum GRE score varies by program area. All LTC doctoral programs require the GRE exam in order to be considered for the program.
Required Application Materials to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- All required Graduate Studies documents
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE Scores
- Official TOEFL scores
Required Application Materials to the Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum Program
- Personal data sheet form
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (a copy may be sent to the department too; minimum, an official result needs to be sent to Graduate School)
- 3 letters of recommendation are required for all doctoral applicants. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY THROUGH THE GRADUATE STUDIES APPLICATION SYSTEM.
Financial Aid from the Program
Internal assistantships, fellowships or other funding packages require a departmental application, starting Fall 2010, and must be completed every year in order to have funding renewed. Completion of the application does not guarantee renewal. Check the program Web site or ask the program contact for details.