EdSp in Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
Admission Contact Information
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
About the Ed.S.
This post-master Educational Specialist degree is offered with the following emphasis areas: Literacy Education; Mathematics Education; Music Education; and Science Education.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early in the process as possible. Applications can take 6-8 weeks to expedite completely. Every reasonable effort will be made to process the application for the semester requested.
- Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum TOEFL scores for most areas:
|Internet-based test (iBT)||Paper-based test (PBT)|
Minimum GRE score is required for all applicants of the Ed.S. program.
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||810+|
|On or After August 1, 2011||291= (V150,Q141)|
- All required Graduate Studies documents
- Official transcripts
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores
- Personal data sheet form (select appropriate form from the department website)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (a copy may be sent to the department too; minimum, an official result needs to be sent to Graduate School)
- 3 letters of recommendation; check with department to see if they are required for your emphasis. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY THROUGH THE GRADUATE STUDIES APPLICATION SYSTEM.