MEd in Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
Admission Contact Information
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
About the M.Ed.
The M.Ed. program requires a minimum of 30 hours in Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum coursework. The following emphasis areas are currently offered: Art Education; Early Childhood Education; English Education; Literacy Education, Mathematics Education; Music Education; Science Education; Social Studies Education; and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early in the process as possible. Applications can take 6-8 weeks to complete through the procedures and processing system. Every reasonable effort will be made to process the application for the semester requested.
- Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum TOEFL scores for most areas:
|Internet-based test (iBT)||Paper-based test (PBT)|
- Minimum GRE score* required for following emphasis areas only: Early Childhood Education, English Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, and TESOL.
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|On or After August 1, 2011||291= (V150,Q141)|
*Clarification: Not all LTC programs require the GRE exam - only those listed above.
Required Application Materials to the Office of Graduate Studies
- All required documents
- Official transcripts
- GRE scores required for Early Childhood Education, English Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, and TESOL.
- TOEFL scores (international applicants)
Required Application Materials to the Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum Program
- Personal data sheet form (complete through the online application system)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (a copy may be sent to the department too; minimum, an official result needs to be sent to Office of Graduate Studies)
- Letters of recommendation; check with department to see if they are required for your emphasis. Most programs now require a minimum of 2 letters of recommendation. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY THROUGH THE OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES APPLICATION SYSTEM.