PhD in Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
Admission Contact Information
Caitlin Rosbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
About the Ph.D.
The LTC Department offers the Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) with emphasis options in General LTC; Art Education; Early Childhood Education; Elementary Education; Mathematics Education; Music Education; Reading Education; Science Education; or Social Studies Education.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early in the process as possible. Applications can take 6-8 weeks to complete through the procedures and processing system. Every reasonable effort will be made to process the application for the semester requested.
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum TOEFL scores for most areas:
|Internet-based test (iBT)||Paper-based test (PBT)|
- Minimum GRE score* (varies by program area). Generally:
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|On or After August 1, 2011||V153,Q144=297+|
Note: Minimum GRE score varies by program area. All LTC doctoral programs require the GRE exam in order to be considered for the program.
- All required Graduate Studies documents
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE scores
- Official TOEFL scores
- Personal data sheet form (select appropriate form from the department website)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (a copy may be sent to the department too; minimum, an official result needs to be sent to Office of Graduate Studies)
- 3 letters of recommendation are required for all doctoral applicants. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY THROUGH THE OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES APPLICATION SYSTEM.
Financial Aid from the Program
Internal assistantships, fellowships or other funding packages require a departmental application and must be completed every semester in order to have funding renewed. Completion of the application does not guarantee renewal. Check the program website or ask the program contact for details.