PhD in Chemical Engineering
Minimum Graduate School Requirements
- The student's program must include a minimum of 72 hours of graduate credit beyond the bachelor's degree (or its equivalent).
- At least 15 credits must be in 8000+ level courses, not including special readings, seminar, or research; and no more than 4-% of the total can be research-based.
- The candidate must have completed all graduate work attempted at MU with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Each candidate must pass a final examination to demonstrate mastery of the fundamental principles of Chemical Engineering.
- Students must present a dissertation
- Students must be enrolled.
Sample course list
|CH_ENG 8336||Advanced Heat and Momentum Transfer||3|
|CH_ENG 8337||Advanced Mass Transfer||3|
|CH_ENG 8451||Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics I||3|
|CH_ENG 8463||Chemical Reaction Engineering Science||3|
|CH_ENG 8087||Seminar in Chemical Engineering||1|
|CH_ENG 8990||Research-Masters Thesis in Chemical Engineering||43|
|or CH_ENG 9990||Research-Doctoral Dissertation in Chemical Engineering|
|CH_ENG 7226||Engineering Research Calculations and Reporting (Or Math 7000+)||3|
|7000+ CH_ENG, Other Engineering, Physical, Chemical, or Biological Sciences. Electives must be approved by student's thesis advisor and thesis committee.||9|
|8000+ CH_ENG, Other Engineering, Physical, Chemical, or Biological Sciences. Electives must be approved by student's thesis advisor and thesis committee.||3|
Applicants are required to meet two sets of minimum qualifications for admission: the requirements of the PhD. in Chemical Engineering program and the minimum requirements of the Graduate School. Because requirements vary, you must refer to a degree program’s graduate admission page to learn about specific admission criteria, eligibility and application process. Before official admissions to the University of Missouri, your application materials will be reviewed by both the Graduate School and the degree program to which you’ve applied.
- Fall Deadline: March 15
- With change of degree within MU: May 15
- Spring Deadline: October 15
- With change of degree within MU: November 1
Required Application Materials
Chemical Engineering Program
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Reference
- GRE scores (School Code: 6875; Dept. Code: 1001)
- TOEFL (if you are an international student)
- Any additional documents requested by the Graduate School