MS in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Admission Contact Information
Marilyn Estes Nevels (email@example.com)
E2413 Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Columbia, MO 65211
Application Deadline for all applicants
Fall deadline: May 31
Spring deadline: October 31
Summer deadline: April 30
- BS in same or closely related field
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 during last 2 years
- Minimum GRE Score: 298 combined score on Verbal and Quantitative sections
- Minimum TOEFL score: 80
- Minimum academic IELTS overall score: 6.5
Note: Lower GPAs require special action and substantiation, such as good test scores on the GRE or other recognized examinations.
How to apply to the MAE master’s program:
Step 1: All documents should be uploaded directly in ApplyYourself. Mailing in documents may delay your application process.
Step 2: Required documents:
- Unofficial Transcripts (all Universities and Colleges attended) Uploaded in ApplyYourself
- TOEFL/IELTS score - sent electronically to the University by ETS (Institution Code 6875 Department Code 1502)
- 3 letters of recommendation - uploaded in ApplyYourself by the recommenders. Letters must come from a school e-mail address, not personal accounts (like yahoo, gmail, etc).
- GRE score - sent electronically by ETS (Institution Code 6875 Department Code 1502)
- Statement of Objectives - one page letter telling about yourself and the area you will study if accepted (uploaded in ApplyYourself)
- CV/Résumé (Uploaded in ApplyYourself)
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Graduate Admissions
ATTN: Marilyn Estes Nevels
E2413 Lafferre Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Questions: (573) 884-8610
Plan of Study
A plan of study is developed by the student and the advisor, subject to approval. The minimum degree requirement is 30 hours with a minimum of 18 hours at the 8000 level. Included within the 30 hours must be a special project report or thesis. A special project consists of three to five hours of MAE problems.
Alternatively, programs directed toward a thesis shall include three to eight hours of MAE 8990 (Research). A thesis or a report is approved by designated faculty committees and is deposited in the department libraries.
Passing the MS final committee fulfills the degree requirements.