Certificate in General Honors

Students who complete 20 or more honors credit hours and have a 3.3 MU GPA may graduate with general honors. The General Honors Certificate is noted on a student's final transcript. Up to six hours of departmental honors courses, six hours of transfer honors courses, and six hours of Learning by Contract courses may be used toward the 20 hours. In order to receive honors credit for an honors designated course, you must earn a “C” or better.

Upon completion of the 20 hours of honors course work, students must apply for their honors certificate. Graduating students must apply for their honors certificate by mid-semester to graduate with general honors and to have the notation on their transcript.

For additional information on the certificate, contact:
MU Honors College
211 Lowry Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
phone: 573-882-3893
fax: 573-884-5700
email: umchonorscollege@missouri.edu
website: http://honors.missouri.edu/contact