MS in Medical Pharmacology and Physiology
Admission Contact Information
MA415 Medical Sciences Bldg, DCO63.00
Columbia, MO 65211
Fall deadline: January 7
Spring deadline: September 15
- Minimum TOEFL scores:
|Internet-based test (iBT)||Paper-based test (PBT)|
|61 Effective July 1, 2015 must have score of 80||500 Effective July 1, 2015 must have score of 550|
- Minimum IELTS overall academic score: 5.5
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in the last 60 hours
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy or related areas from an accredited college
- Background in biology and chemistry and an understanding of mathematics and physics
- Course work in biochemistry and physiology is highly recommended
- Previous lab or research experience preferred
Students are usually admitted to begin their program in the Fall semester, but applications for admission in other semesters will be considered on a space-available basis. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Students with an appropriate educational background are encouraged to apply for entrance into the PhD program. A master’s degree is not a prerequisite for admission to the doctoral program. The department will consider applications for the MS degree programs from U.S. citizens but PhD degree students will be given priority consideration for financial support. Deficiencies in course work may be remedied during the first years of the graduate program.
Required Application Materials
To the Graduate School:
- All required Graduate School documents
To the Medical Pharmacology & Physiology Program:
- Departmental application
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation (use form provided). The letters should be written by individuals knowledgeable of the student’s academic capability.
- Official GRE & TOEFL scores
To satisfy requirements for the MS degree, a student must complete the professional plan of study with an average grade of B or better and pass an oral examination over an acceptable master’s thesis. Candidates also must comply with other regulations governing master’s degrees.
Length of Study
MS degree students should normally complete their studies and thesis project within 2-3 years of admission to the degree program.