Undergraduate Requirements (University)
Undergraduate students must complete all University requirements as well as all requirements specified for the degree(s) and major(s), and requirements of the college or school, and department offering the degree. This would include the University general education requirements as well as the following:
- A second MU Writing Intensive course* must be completed in a student’s major. It needs to be a 3000/4000 level MU WI course approved as part of the curriculum by the faculty of a student’s major.
- Complete an approved capstone course* with MU course work in the student’s major
- Complete 30 of the last 36 credits with MU authored courses
- Complete no fewer than 120 credit hours of coursework.
- Students may transfer more than 64 credit hours for lower division courses from either Missouri associate degree-granting or baccalaureate degree-granting institutions. Any additional lower division course credits above 64 credit hours will be accepted in transfer if the credits are applicable to the baccalaureate degree or are prerequisites for an upper division course in the major
- Complete all University, general-education requirements (See the University General Education Requirements section in the catalog.)
- Earn no less than a 2.00 GPA, as defined by the GPA of Record
- Complete any additional divisional, degree or major requirements as specified by the academic unit offering the degree
Must be completed with a grade of C- or better.