Graduate Certificate in Serious Game and Simulation Design
The Serious Games and Simulation Design (SGSD) graduate level certificate is a 16 credit-hour program that prepares students as practicing professionals to work in the fast growing educational (aka “serious”) games and simulation market. In this 100% online, hands-on certificate program, graduates will learn to:
- Apply a systematic, agile, team-based and flexible process for game and simulation design.
- Apply skills for prototyping game and/or simulation designs using appropriate software or game engines.
- Apply principles of visual design to the design of game and simulation assets.
- Become fluent in usage of serious gaming and simulation technology equipment.
- Assess and evaluate learning outcomes from employing game/simulation strategies using user experience and usability methods.
The graduate certificate is a 16 credit hour program. All courses are online.
|IS_LT 7308||Game Engine Skills||2|
|IS_LT 7310||Seminar in Information Science and Learning Technology (Seminar in Digital Modeling for Serious Games)||3|
|IS_LT 7384||Designing Games for Learning||3|
|IS_LT 9480||Internship in Information Science and Learning Technologies||2|
|IS_LT 9486||Advanced Designing Games for Learning||3|
|One of the following electives:|
|IS_LT 7383||Rapid Development Tools for Online Learning||3|
|IS_LT 7888||Intro to VR-enabled Instructional Design||3|
|IS_LT 9467||Technology to Enhance Learning||3|
For more information about the serious game and simulation design certificate, visit our website at https://education.missouri.edu/information-science-learning-technologies/certificates/serious-games-and-simulation-design-graduate-certificate/ or email program coordinator Dr. Rose Marra at firstname.lastname@example.org.