Major and Career Exploration
The University of Missouri has many resources to assist you in exploring majors and career possibilities. For guidance, visit the Majors and Careers website or view specific resources below.
If you are considering a change of major or are exploring multiple majors, schedule an appointment with an advisor in the Discovery Center by calling (573)884-9700 or through MU Connect Discovery Center service in you success network.
If you have decided on a major, visit an academic advisor in the School or College that you are interested in to discuss the process of declaring the major.
- If you would like to learn more about your career interests, abilities, values and talents, visit the MU Career Center. No Appointment is necessary to explore career options with one of our staff members.
- If you would like information about MU majors and degree programs, visit:
- the Degrees, Majors (Degree Programs), Emphasis Areas, Minors and Certificates page in the catalog,
- the MU Majors website.
- If you want information on what you can do with a major, contact or visit:
- Faculty or staff in the home academic department for that major,
- the What Can I do With This Major website
- If you are interested in information about occupations you're considering, visit O*Net or the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- If you are curious about employment opportunities including internships and after-graduation employment, contact or visit the appropriate MU Career Services Office.
- See MoScores for career and salary information for each credential offered by a public institution in higher education.