Auditing a Course (Hearer)
Students who wish to obtain knowledge from a course, but do not need or want the credit for graduation, may enroll in the course(s) as auditors/hearers.
- Hearers receive no credit toward a degree and an H grade appears on the transcript.
- Students pay standard fees for the course(s).
- Students’ academic advising unit must approve and change their grading option in myZou for the change to become official. Students may not change their registration status (hearer vs. credit) after the expiration of two weeks following the first day of classes in regular session or the equivalent thereof in a shorter session. See the University Registrar’s website at http://registrar.missouri.edu/academic-calendar.php for deadlines for each semester.
- Students who fail to meet class requirements may be dropped from the course by their academic advising unit upon request of their instructor and with the dean’s stamp.
- Normally, a hearer will attend the course on a regular basis; either the department or an individual instructor will stipulate the requirements for enrollment in a course as a hearer.