Catalog Editions (Which catalog applies to whom?)
These policies concern the application of the University of Missouri's graduation, divisional and departmental degree requirements. MU students' academic requirements for graduation are typically met as follows:
University general education and other University-wide policies:
- Students must complete the graduation requirements in effect for the term that they first enroll at MU or they may choose those in effect for the term that their degree is awarded with the agreement of their academic unit.
- This policy applies to newly admitted freshmen as well as transfer students.
- Students who have a lapse in enrollment must meet the degree requirements in effect at the time the students are readmitted to MU.
Divisional, departmental and other degree requirements:
- Students must meet the specified divisional, departmental and major requirements for the degree(s) that were in effect when they were admitted as degree seeking to the program or may choose those in effect for the term in which they will graduate, with the agreement of their division or department.
- Students who have a lapse in enrollment must meet the standards of the degree requirements in effect when they return to MU.
After consulting with an advisor, students may appeal. Requests for exceptions to the above policy may be made to the academic dean for the academic unit in which the student is enrolled. Some academic units may have unique "grandfathering" policies that apply to changes in their programs and that supersede this policy. Students should consult with an advisor in all cases.