Minor in Anthropology
A minor in anthropology demonstrates an appreciation for human biological and cultural diversity and complements many programs of study including biology, psychology, sociology, history, foreign languages, fine arts, education, business, medicine, and law. A student wishing to minor in anthropology should contact the Anthropology department Director of Undergraduate Studies for an appointment.
The requirements for a minor in anthropology are:
- A minimum of 15 credit hours are required to complete the minor.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours must be completed at MU.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours can be at the 1000 level.
- A minimum of 3 credit hours are required at the 3000 level or above.
- No more than 6 credit hours can be in readings, research or problems courses.
- All required minor coursework must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
- A minimum minor GPA of 2.0 is required to earn the minor.
The minor must be completed and awarded at the same time as the MU undergraduate degree.
Once an A&S minor is awarded, a student cannot return to MU to complete a major in the same department.
Application for Minor
Please fill out, sign and submit the Anthropology Minor Form for consideration.