Minor in Biological Sciences
|Minor Core Requirements||5|
|General Botany with Laboratory|
or BIO_SC 1500
|Introduction to Biological Systems with Laboratory|
| General Principles and Concepts of Biology|
and General Biology Laboratory
|Additional Biological Sciences|
|Select 10 credits in courses numbered 2000 or higher (see exclusions below), including at least one course from two of the following areas. Additional coursework may be required to meet the 10 credit requirement.||10|
|Introduction to Cell Biology|
|Evolution and Ecology|
|Biology of Fungi|
|Medical Microbiology and Immunology|
- At least one of the additional courses must include a laboratory. MICROB 3200 may not be used to satisfy the laboratory course requirement.
- Courses designed for non-biology majors, problems, internships, readings and research (i.e., BIO_SC 2010, BIO_SC 2015, BIO_SC 2060, BIO_SC 2100, BIO_SC 2150, BIO_SC 2940, BIO_SC 2960, BIO_SC 2965H, BIO_SC 4085, BIO_SC 4950, BIO_SC 4950H, BIO_SC 4952, BIO_SC 4952H, and BIO_SC 4960) may not be used to fulfill requirements for the minor.
- All courses in the minor must have a grade of C- or higher with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in the minor. (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading is not acceptable for courses in the minor.)
- At least nine of the 15 credits in the minor must be taken in residence at MU.
- The program for the Minor must be approved by the Division of Biological Sciences before submitting to the College of Arts and Science.