MS in Finance
Mizzou’s online MS Finance is the degree for individuals who want to advance their knowledge of finance in our global business environment and enhance their analytical and financial decision skills. The design of the program fits career objectives of:
- Working finance professionals who seek to enhance their career opportunities by gaining additional financial skills and knowledge.
- Recent degree recipients looking to strengthen their career prospects by furthering their financial training.
- University of Missouri undergraduate senior-level students wanting to jump-start their career by continuing their financial education.
Delivery of this program is 100% online. You may choose to complete an optional one-week international experience. Successful completion of the master's degree requires a combination of required coursework and elective credits. You must complete four prerequisite courses or equivalents before enrolling in finance master's degree courses. Online courses are offered as 16-week/3 credit hour classes or 8-week paired class modules at 1.5 credit hours each.
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate/Managerial Finance
|ACCTCY 8310||Accounting for Managers||3|
|FINANC 8110||Managerial Finance I||1.5|
|FINANC 8210||Microeconomics for Business||1.5|
|STAT 7070||Statistical Methods for Research||3.0|
|FINANC 8120||Managerial Finance II||1.5|
|FINANC 8220||Economics for Managers||1.5|
|FINANC 8310||Financial Databases and Analysis||1.5|
|FINANC 8312||Financial Modeling||1.5|
|FINANC 8320||Financial Markets||1.5|
|FINANC 8350||Financial Statement Analysis I||1.5|
|FINANC 8352||Financial Statement Analysis II||1.5|
|FINANC 8450||Ethics and Standards of Financial Practice||1.5|
|NOTE: Certain required courses may be waived depending upon candidate experience, credentials or undergraduate degree.|
|Any online 7000 or 8000 level course in FINANC|
|Any online 7000 or 8000 level course, with approval of Director of MS in Finance program, offered in Agricultural Applied Economics (AAE), Architectural Studies (ARCHST), Economics (ECONOM), Management (MANGMT), Marketing (MRKTNG), Personal Financial Planning (FINPLN), Statistics (STAT), Accountancy (ACCTCY), or Law (LAW)|
|Thesis Option (3-6 credit hours)|
|Not required, but may be written with approval of program director.|
Accelerated MS in Finance
Any undergraduate degree seeking student at MU can choose the acceleration option with the MS in Finance program. Students must have the following in order to choose this option.
- Have between 45-89 credit hours completed toward a bachelor’s degree
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Earn a B or better the prerequisite coursework listed in the course list above
- Pass a screening interview to assess readiness for graduate study in finance
Degree requirements are the same between the MS in Finance and the accelerated option.
Refer to the Graduate School’s webpage on Accelerated Programs for more information. For general information on how accelerated options work at MU, and for guidance on participation, refer to Accelerated Options in the catalog.
401 Cornell Hall