Minor in Information Technology
A minor in Information Technology is offered through the College of Engineering. To obtain a minor, a student must complete the following requirements. The student must earn a 2.0 GPA in all courses that count towards the minor. No substitutions or courses taken outside the University of Missouri may be applied. After the necessary courses have been completed, please contact the IT Program's adviser to submit a request to minor in Information Technology.
- 15 hours of INFOTC courses are required
- At least 9 hours must be taken at the 3000 level
- One sequence of courses must be completed with a minimum of 2000 level or higher
- INFOTC 1040 and INFOTC 2830 and INFOTC 4830
- INFOTC 1610 and INFOTC 2610 and INFOTC 3610 OR INFOTC 4610
- INFOTC 1040 and INFOTC 2910 and INFOTC 3910 OR INFOTC 4910
- INFOTC 1610 and INFOTC 3640 and INFOTC 4640
- INFOTC 1040 and INFOTC 4405 and INFOTC 4425
- or similar
In some cases, other department core courses can qualify for prerequisites in our program. Please be sure to consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies as well as the Advisor of Information Technology prior to beginning this process to ensure that the track you have chosen will qualify for the minor.