MEd in Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
The M.Ed. program requires a minimum of 30 hours in Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum coursework.
The following emphasis areas are currently offered: Art Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, English Education, Literacy Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Social Studies Education, and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early in the process as possible. Applications can take 6-8 weeks to complete through the procedures and processing system. Every reasonable effort will be made to process the application for the semester requested.
- Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
Applicants can submit all required materials and information through the Graduate School's online application system.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial transcripts of all prior coursework
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of recommendation (minimum 2 letters; confidential and sent through the online application system)
- Personal Data Sheet
- Official English Proficiency scores (if applicable)
- Official GRE scores (if applicable)
Confirmation Materials (required to finalize admission upon acceptance, sent to the Graduate School):
- Official transcripts
- Any additional required documentation
The LTC graduate program cannot assure admission to all applicants who meet minimum standards specified for the degree program. Resource constraints do not permit the admission of all qualified applicants.
A committee of faculty reviews the credentials of each applicant. It is the responsibility of this committee to exercise professional judgment related to the criteria that applicants must meet in order to be considered for admission to the program.
Admission Contact Information
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211